Friday 10 October 2008

Rage, Bulls and News.

Hi there.

Basically I have rage at not only missing the launch party for Everest but being made to work through the Vertigo talk in Oxford tonight. Rubbish week but hey the Bull incident made up for it.
So the morning after the Launch party I rose at 11am after and late shift ready to hit my cross country 6/7mile run hard to put a little something back for the team a personal bit of pride I thought. The weather was great and hot; the ground muddy, damp but fun and adds to the downhill slippy bits through the woods when it feels like Apocalypto?! So 20 minutes in I was running down a narrow hillside and a large bulloch with mahoosive horns came trotting into my view looking mean. It took one look at me running towards him and beelined for my soft bits. I had come through a kissing gate 60 metres back and had one option and a 60 metre head start. Basically I craped myself and moved faster than I ever have in my life backtowards safety. I half jumped and half hurdled the gate to safety and put my heart back into my chest. Unbelievable affect on my training as I sat looking backwards as I swear I could have been in the backs in rugby had I had some REAL incentive. I think the bull had given up quickly after I had craped myself but unknown to me. I shouted at him and went the long way round and missed a fastest time but felt very pumped. Good session thought i'd share it??

I have to pass on that i've had a decent response from South Today and Thames Valley news about the cause and following my progress. Great publicity and with my Sports Relief page now set up the pennies should come flying in, I hope.

Cheers for reading.

G

2 comments:

Zooby said...

aw, G-Man, you missed an awesome Launch!

Hope to catch you around soon tho!
Zooby

Curry said...

I'm interested fella, what exactly did you shout at the bull??